Monday, June 30, 2008

Kittens and Queers

Oh San Francisco...you are an experience.

First things first, my roommate and I rescued the most adorable kitten in the world last Wednesday. We believe it's a girl, and are completely in love with it. If anybody wants a kitten come take it!!!!

This weekend was Pride Weekend, the huge GLBT celebration here featuring Dikes on Bikes and pretty much anything else you can ever imagine (including gay pride rainbow colored crosses). Definitely not something I would ever take my mother to. I would like to think of myself as pretty open minded about almost everything, but even I felt that some things were taken a little bit too far yesterday, and am wishing that I had missed out on seeing some of the things I saw. I am living in a city where the law allows nudity as long as you have footwear on, but yesterday took everything to the absolutely extreme. At least I could take a break from the extreme sights with fabulous overpriced funnel cake when needed. Unfortunately I missed Cindy Lauper's performance, who apparently has a number 1 hit on gay radio.

Today I have off from work in order to allow everyone to recuperate from Pride Weekend. I have completed my training, so I can finally move up in the world. Last week I was put in charge of making posters for Pride weekend, which included me washing lubricant off of condoms for hours so that we could hang them up on poster board. Now there's something I never really expected to do.

I have given up on the job search as nobody wants to hire someone leaving in seven weeks.

Here's some pictures of my new kitten and, some of the less ridiculous pictures of Pride weekend (you would be amazed at what some people felt comfortable taking pictures of). I've actually realized how few appropriate pictures I actually have, and I was being hugely conservative yesterday. That's San Francisco for you.

No comments: