Monday, June 16, 2008

I'm Going North to San Francisco

"I'm going north to San Francisco, into the cleaner air. I'm gonna get a little land with the money I've saved, and buy an old house that I can work on. Where the next nearest neighbor lives miles away, I'll never have to mow the lawn. Right on."

So Maybe the above song lyrics aren't exactly true anymore, but it looks like I'm going to like this city. The trip out was an experience. The Stephens were wonderful, although the kids are about twice as old and big as they should be, as that means I myself am getting old.

The Grand Canyon was magnificent, and getting Dad to hike down into it was interesting. He did it tho; made me proud. I think he almost had a heart attack several times as I was nearing the edge. That of course would not have been helped by the terrible diet we lived on for a week consisting of pop tarts and beer.

I attempted to ride my bike around. My bike was fifty dollars and has rusted out handle bars, and the gears tend to have a mind of their own. It will be an interesting summer, but I don't have much other choice as gas is over $4.50 in this silly city. I'll just be in magnificent shape at the end of it.

The apartment is great, although I've already been struck by plumbing problems. Hopefully they will all get solved before the Giants game tonight. Too bad they don't still play at Candlestick Park as it is literally behind my apartment. If only it were football season, I could walk to see the 49's play.

Here are some pictures from the trip out here. I'll post pictures of San Francisco/my lovely living quarters sometime in the near future.

2 comments:

Marie Cox said...

I'm glad that you guys had a good trip ... try to update your blog a bit more often. I love reading about your adventures especially since my summer adventures will be filled with spit up and poop!

Hope to talk to you later this week when we are both a bit more settled.

Love, Rie

Maggie said...

I will try and update it more often, although I expect in the next few weeks you might be a little preoccupied with my new niece to be reading this.

Can't wait to hear the good news tomorrow!!!!