Saturday, March 22, 2008

Free from Cyprus

Sorry there have been no updates lately, but nothing worth reporting.

However, I am currently sitting in an internet cafe in Prauge so I guess my life just got 234634 times cooler. I am going a little crazy as I left my house last night at 6, sat in an airport for nine hours, flew for three, sat in a train station for three more, then rode a train for five more. From what I saw of the countryside it is beautiful but I dozed off for a lot of the ride. Since I have arrived in Prague I have not seen much, except for the underground. Things I have leanred so far....

1. McDonalds apple pies are much better in the Czech Republic than in America. I learned this because I needed change to buy a metro ticket, and that was the only cheap thing on the menu.

2. The Prague metro system is the nicest one I have yet to see. And I certainly have seen quite a bit since Ive ridden around in several circles. I finally found my way and then realized I am changing plans, and will now have to go and conquer the metro again.

3. Gosh their escalators are scary. I have never been on such steep, fast escaltors. I believe I have to start off with a run to get up to speed, or else fear killing myself on the apparently sadistic machines.

4. Czech keyboards are strange. There ys and zs are reverved, thez have no at symbol, and there numbers are strange. I have had to erase multiple things this post. For example... If zou would like to email me while I am in the Csech Republic, please do so at merzan2wm.eduů I appreciate them verz much.

Zou see_ Incomprehensible.


Okay, I need to run before I spend all of my money at an internet cafe. Love you and will try to update frequently while I am here. If not, I return to Cyprus on the first, and am sure to have lots of stories.

Miss zou all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are sooo amazing....have adventures in Prague for me...I hope you found somewhere to stay tonight <3

The Pirate said...

Try the ice cream. Is it warm enough yet for the outside vendors? Go somewhere touristy and find a push-cart with a vendor in a frilly polyester apron and eat ice cream.

Yes, some might mention things one needs to see, like crossing the Charles Bridge and seeing Prague Castle, but I have my travel priorities straight, and so should you.