Monday, February 25, 2008

My (Not So) Exciting February

Sorry I haven't updated in quite awhile. Truth is...there's not really much to update on. I have become a master sleeper and jump-roper. Some of us have managed to memorize all the lyrics to Vanilla Ice's "Ice, Ice, Baby". I'm sticking more to learning all of David Bowie's works. I think I also might master every card game known to mankind. Who needs college when I can just become a professional poker player? Classwork isn't exactly a challenge here. And by that I mean I don't have any work to do. At all...ever. I haven't quite decided if its awful or beautiful. Probably the latter. My International Dance Forms class is really American Hip Hop. I'm gonna be a master krumper when I get back to the states, and I'm more than fairly excited about that.

I dreaded my hair. Looks a lot better than expected. Added bonus: the guy that did it was a beautiful Spanish man. My roommates made sure they looked their best whenever he was here. It was a seven hour ordeal after all. Most people think I rock it well..Joe the marine thinks I look like I have a spider over my head. The myth about them being easy to take care of is really nothing but a myth, and inventing creative ways to wash them is testing my mental endurance more than anything else so far.

The marines sadly are the ones keeping us from going insane. They have come to occupy our time when we're not sleeping, in class, watching movies, or in my case reading depressing books about situations in Africa. One of the good ones is leaving for St. Petersburg, Russia this week though. It's a bit sad...he was one that could actually carry on a real conversation with us. They bring us on picnics where we can play with babies and puppies...obviously the best combination ever.

I don't mean to complain a lot...it's great having such an easy semester. Unfortunately, Cyprus is an overpriced island that doesn't have much other than bars and clubs to offer to people. It's getting a little old lately. Not to mention, expensive. At least I get to travel...like the plane tickets to Vienna I just bought. My roommate and I will be seeing Vienna, Prague, and Budapest. Fabulous. I also get to eat really really cheap kiwis all the time. Produce is the only cheap thing here.

Our program made another day trip. There wasn't really a lot to see though. We didn't even have a tour guide for it, because there really were no sites to visit. We were in the mountains and got to play in snow. I guess that's cool. Mostly we drove and ate. And then drove some more.

In other news I have found something to do this summer. I will be spending it in San Francisco working with the San Francisco AIDS Foundation. I was also accepted into the SIT program, and will hopefully be going to Kenya as long as I don't have tuberculosis (which I'm almost certain I do not have), and they stop their silly fighting and become friends again (which I sadly have no idea about).

That's about it. Enjoy my dreads. These pictures actually aren't very good of them at all...I swear they look better. Don't tell me if you hate them...that would just be rude.




Love you all. And miss you. Emails from friends and family wouldn't go unappreciated. Also, all of you getting Skype and calling me would be fabulous. Not that I'm hinting at anything- I would never do such a thing.

No comments: