Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Germans are About to take Over the World...At Least we Have the Marines to Protect Us

So the academics here aren't exactly high quality. Fine with me, as I can putz around this entire semester, enjoy life, travel the world, and write about 3 papers this entire semester (which don't need proper grammar or spelling). I do have a crazy leftist professor who has repeatedly told us that America is about to implode in upcoming months, and that Germany will lead a Catholic European Superpower...there will also be a Chinese and a Pan-Arab superpower.

Well if that's true....I can assure you that the Marines stationed here in Cyprus will be able to come to the rescue, as they certainly have no real purpose here. They're pretty desperate for some American friends, and the good ole girls from Maro House 2 (mine) have stepped up to the plate. If you would like to know what your tax money is going to, it's going to the seven marines here who have four drivers on call at all time to take them anywhere, and pick anybody up, a personal chef every day, and a palace to live in.

I can't really complain...the trips in their cars are pretty priceless. The drivers have to take convoluted paths through Cyprus, as to make sure that nobody can follow them. Old Nicosia is a maze of alleyways, that can fit about one car in them at any given time. We take them like champs, and go about 70 mph through them. Occasionally when it's a large group of people, we get treated to the armored car. I'm probably not supposed to speak about their house, just in case any of you were thinking about coming and attacking Cyprus. It's huge tho. Giant screen tvs, comfy couches, a pool table, lots of rooms, blah blah blah. They complain about not having a pool tho....and here I am just wanting a bit of heat. US Military Service tv doesn't have American commercials tho...so instead of seeing the superbowl commercials we saw military propoganda and other various information.

My favorites:

Re-enlist or America will crumble.
Babies cry....don't shake them.
The dinosaur that tramples around the world eating various cities with the message at the end "Skipping meals leads to overheating!"

FAB FAB FAB!!!!!

Other lesson I have learned in Cyprus:

Skip the tequila shots, as they make me fall in love with the marine named Chad, and then lie hysterically crying in my house mates bed when I find out he has a girlfriend.

Let me explain Chad to you:

First, he's from Oklahoma, which is obviously strikes against him.
Secondly, he's several inches shorter me.
Third, he's a damn Marine which is an obvious sign that I would never be attracted to him if I were still in America and had an ocean of boys to choose from.
Fourth, he is continuously wearing hollister. What twenty-five year old wears hollister?
Fifth...he shaves his arms and legs more often, than any girl that I know.

He's an extremely nice guy....but in no other world would I ever be attracted to him. It does however provide amusing stories for me, and Maro House 2.

Well I'm off to class right now...and Egypt TOMORROW!!!!!! So excited.

Love you all.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Fab entry...and yes, tequila can be the enemy...hollister...really?!

Anonymous said...

hey... military guys can be quite attractive. i would know :)